Pancake mix, follow directions on box
5 or 6 carrots, grated
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon tahini (stir the tahini very well before using)
1 Tablespoon vanilla halva
Pinch of nutmeg, freshly grated
1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Shred the carrots
2. Mix the batter first
3. Add the shredded carrots and stir into the batter
4. Slowly, add all the other ingredients, stirring as you add
5. Fry the pancakes
Topping for Carrot Pancakes (optional)
1 cup sour cream
2 cooked carrots (save 1/2 cooked carrot for garnish)
1 fresh garlic clove
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 and 1/2 Tablespoon golden raisins, mixed
1 and 1/2 Tablespoon golden raisins, well chopped for garnish
3 Tablespoons almond slivers, toasted (1/2 for mixture, 1/2 for garnish)
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, toasted with the almonds
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
2 or 3 Tablespoons honey (add honey last, & taste to see if more honey is needed; if so, add more)
1. First toast the black sesame seeds alone, .and remove from pan. Put all into food processor.
2. Next, toast all the almond slivers, remove from heat when done and divide in half. Set aside half the toasted almonds (for garnish( and put the other half in the food processor.
3. Chop well, 1.5 Tablespoons golden raisins and set aside for garnish.
4. Put the other 1.5 Tablespoons golden raisins into the food processor.
5. Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until everything is combined well.
6. With a spatula, scrape every bit of this topping out of the food processor and into a small bowl, to be used for the carrot pancakes.
This weekend we took our guests out to the theater and then to The Minetta Tavern, in the Village, for dinner.
Have a great week everyone!
From Our Table to Yours