April 16, 2018Target Healthy Eating
1/4 cup flour
Pinch Kosher salt
Pinch black pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 Tablespoons butter
1.5 pounds choice lamb kabob pieces
4 slices Turkey bacon, well chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
3 shallots, chopped
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
1 yellow pepper, seeded, then diced
1 jalapeno, seeded, chopped well
1 cup fresh cilantro, well chopped
2 ribs celery, diced
25 fresh garlic cloves, sliced
2 Tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon coriander
3 Tablespoons golden raisins +extra for topping
1 28-ounce can Cento tomatoes chopped and their juices
3 Tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted +extra for topping
Serve over cooked quinoa, my carrot pancake recipe, noodles, my saffron rice recipe, regular basmati white rice, etc.
1. Do all the cutting, slicing chopping, before you do anything else.
2. Toast the almond slivers.
3. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, black pepper and thyme
4. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat until it foams.
5. Dredge the lamb pieces in the flour mixture, and fry, until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Put lamb on a plate and set aside.
6. Over medium heat, cook the turkey bacon, until it gets crisp and with a slotted spoon, remove turkey bacon to a plate and set aside.
7. Using the baking dish you plan to bring to the table later, add butter, then the onion, pepper, celery, garlic, curry powder and half the golden raisins, and saut? over medium heat until soft and fragrant, about 7 minutes.
8. Stir in the tomatoes and their juices, bring to a boil and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
10. Next, add the lamb on top of the tomatoes.
11. Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the cover and cook for 15 minutes more.
12. Add the toasted slivered almonds and the golden raisins as garnish, just before serving. Have mango chutney on the table, or your choice.
Have a great week everyone!
From Our Table to Yours