October 22, 2018Target Healthy Eating
1 red onion, sliced
1/2 box Farfalle
1 cup or can plus, of chicken stock or broth, for cooking
2 scallions, chopped
3 heads cauliflower
1 heaping Tablespoon black mustard seeds, toasted
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 pinch black pepper
1 Tablespoon capers, barely chopped
6 fresh garlic cloves, sliced
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes, or more to taste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
3 Tablespoons roughly chopped sage, plus a few sage leaves left whole
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup Gruyere, grated at home
1 cup Cheddar, grated at home
1 cup Parmesan, grated at home
1/2 cup Panko
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped well (save some for garnish)
1. I like to make pasta, rice, polenta, etc. in chicken stock or broth, but cook it the way you like, but keep it al dente. After removing the pasta from heat, rinse it immediately in cold water, drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, do all of your cutting, chopping, slicing, grating.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut cauliflower in half from top to bottom. Cut out tough core and stem any extraneous leaves. Lay cauliflower flat side down and cut crosswise into rough 1/4-inch slices. Break into smaller pieces.
4. Put 3 Tablespoons olive oil in a wide baking dish (also used as serving dish) over high heat. Add cauliflower slices, along with any crumbly pieces, in one layer. (Work in batches if necessary.) Let cauliflower brown and caramelize for about 2 minutes, then turn pieces over to brown the other side. Cook for another 2 minutes, or until the cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork. It's fine if some pieces don't brown evenly. Season generously with the black pepper, (to taste). Add black mustard seeds, capers, garlic, onion, scallions, chili flakes, chopped sage, sage leaves and lemon zest, lemon juice and stir to coat.
5. Add most of the cheese and toss.
6. Bake, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, until top is crisp and golden. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley before serving.
From Our Table to Yours
Have a Great Week Everyone!