1 carrot, boiled or roasted until soft, peeled, diced into small cubes
1 large parsnip, boiled or roasted until soft, peeled, diced into small cubes.
1 large stalk celery from hearts of celery, minced
1 ear of fresh corn, kernels scraped off
3 anchovy fillets ground in mortar & pestle with 3 fresh garlic cloves = paste
1 bunch fresh parsley, washed, drained, patted dry with paper towel, then well chopped
1 bunch fresh dill, washed, drained, patted dry with paper towel, then well chopped
2 large red potatoes, baked or boiled, skin peeled, cut into small cube shapes
1 apple, peeled, quartered, pitted, cored, then cut into small pieces
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped well
5 pickled cucumbers, (Polish pickles preferred), well chopped
8oz of frozen green peas, thaw to room temperature
1 pinch black pepper
1/4 cup Kraft mayonnaise (more is optional)
3 large eggs (hard boiled) boiled in salted water 10 minutes, plunged into icy water. Peeled, then chopped
1. Do all your chopping, cutting, grinding, mincing first.
2. Roast or boil the carrot and the potatoes until they are soft (45 to 60 minutes)
3. Prepare the apple. When cut into small pieces, put all into the salad bowl
4. Mix the anchovy/garlic paste with the mayonnaise, as well as the black pepper, parsley and dill.
5. Boil, cool, peel the eggs; then chop them and put into the salad bowl.
6. Chop or dice all the veggies and put into the salad bowl you plan to serve from.
7. Add the mayonnaise mixture and stir it into the veggies, until all is well combined.
8. Add which ever garnish you've decided on using.
For garnish, consider red pomegranate ariles (seeds). Or dried cranberries, chopped very fine. Or fresh strawberries chopped very fine.
We recommend this lovely bright, tropical fruity chilled Sauvignon Blanc that we've been sipping for many summers. In addition, this is a reasonably priced wine.
Wine Critic Ratings
91 Points James Suckling
95 Points Bob Campbell (MW)
You can carry on, the torch of peace and brotherhood and simply live by the Golden Rule!
From Our Table to Yours
Have a Great Week Everyone!