April 27, 2020Target Healthy Eating
2 cups of chicken stock or broth for cooking rice
2 onions, chopped well
4 garlic cloves ground with 4 anchovy fillets
10 more garlic cloves, sliced
1 cup jasmine or basmati rice cook for 10 minutes
3 cups broccoli florets or chopped broccoli
2 scallions, well chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 pinch white pepper
1 pinch black pepper
1 teaspoon dry oregano
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
2 pinches chili flakes
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom or 1 cup ricotta
1 cup white wine (NOT cooking wine, use regular white wine)
2 Tablespoons almond or soy milk or whole milk
2 Tablespoons sour cream
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 cup freshly grated gruyere cheese
1 cup freshly shredded buffalo mozzarella cheese
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese for the topping
Bunch chives, chopped well for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook your rice in broth instead of water, but cut 10 minutes from the usual cooking time.
3. Do all your chopping, slicing, cutting, trimming, washing, rinsing, grating, measuring, now.
4. Bake on 350 for 10 minutes or until your cheese is melted. Good luck!
5. To a large skillet with 1 Tablespoon melted butter, add your onions, anchovy-garlic paste, white part of the scallions and all the rest of the sliced garlic. Stir until well combined and soft. ©Joyce Hays, Target Health LLC6. Next, add the can of soup you've chosen, or ricotta cheese. Add all herbs and spices, stirring as you add each one. After all is well mixed, add the white wine and again, combine well. ©Joyce Hays, Target Health LLC
6. Next, add the can of soup you've chosen, or ricotta cheese. Add all herbs and spices, stirring as you add each one. After all is well mixed, add the white wine and again, combine well. ©Joyce Hays, Target Health LLC
7. To the skillet, add all the broccoli florets and mix together. ©Joyce Hays, Target Health LLC
8. Add the nearly cooked rice. Then stir in the sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, gruyere and mozzarella, stirring while you add each ingredient. ©Joyce Hays, Target Health LLC
9. With a spatula, scrape out the contents of the skillet into a large (oiled with olive oil or butter) baking dish. Before you put into the oven, cover the top with the freshly grated cheddar cheese. Then bake for 10 minutes or longer until the top has melted. ©Joyce Hays, Target Health LLC
MetOpera was broadcasting Turandot, Saturday afternoon on WQXR, but since we have the Zefferelli production in our digital library, we watched that version of Turandot instead. Gorgeous voices, orchestra, set, lighting?..try to see this version if you can. We want to share with you the greatest tenor that ever lived, singing, Nessun dorma, from the final act of Turandot. This is one of the best known tenor arias, in all of opera. Enjoy!
PS: Beautiful music is helping us to get through this pandemic lock-in. Hang in there, dear readers, friends and colleagues. When this is all over, we'll enter a new era, which should be highly challenging and we'll be celebrating with you.
From Our Table to Yours
Have a Great Week Everyone!