4 Giant size Portobello Mushrooms, remove stems, clean mushrooms, create a small bowl shape, by leaving the sides intact, but scrape out a bit of the mushroom. Save stems and scraped out mushroom for later use.
3 Anchovy fillets ground in mortar & pestle with 3 garlic cloves
7 Extra fresh garlic cloves, sliced
1 Cup fresh Swiss chad. Rinse twice before steaming. Steam until it begins to wilt, then remove from heat.
3-cups cooked cauliflower rice or 1 cup regular dry rice
1 cup freshly grated Swiss cheese for stuffing
1 cup Swiss cheese or sharp Cheddar, grated (use large holes of hand grater)
1. Preheat oven to 375 to 400 degrees
2. Get out an oven-proof baking dish that will hold the 4 mushrooms, stuffed. Oil the baking dish.
3. Prepare the mushrooms. Clean them. Remove stems. Create a small bowl shape by scraping out some of the center. Leave the rim of the mushrooms intact. Oil the mushrooms by rolling in a small bowl of extra virgin olive oil. Chop the stems and center and set aside.
4. Prepare all other ingredients, like grate the cheese, make the cauliflower rice (or buy it), steam the Swiss chard, chop the mushroom stems, grind the anchovies & garlic, etc.
5. In a large pan, add the extra virgin olive oil over a medium flame. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion, anchovy/garlic paste, jalapeno, extra garlic sliced and mushroom pieces. Stir until the onion becomes soft and gets a golden brown color. This should take anywhere between 4 to 8 minutes.
6. Next, add the tomatoes. Raise the flame and with a spoon, break up the tomatoes, but leave small pieces of tomato. Stir until you get a textured tomato sauce (with small pieces of tomato).
7. Now, stir in the cauliflower rice (or regular cooked rice), the Swiss chard and 1 cup of grated Swiss cheese. Combine the ingredients well.
8. Now stuff your rice mixture into each mushroom. Put as much stuffing in, as you can, without the stuffing falling out. Put each stuffed mushroom into the oiled baking dish.
9. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top of each mushroom.
10. Put stuffed mushrooms into oven. Bake until the cheese melts and turns a golden brown. Depending on your oven, this should take 12 to 15 minutes. Start watching after 10 minutes.