3 chopped scallions, some for cooking, some for garnish
1 cup gruyere, grate it yourself
1 cup cheddar, grate it yourself
1 jalapeno, seeded, then well chopped
1 teaspoon curry
Extra olive oil for cooking
1 red onion, sliced on a mandolin, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Scrub the potatoes, rub skins with olive oil and bake them, the way you usually would. Cover with foil or not.
3. Bake for one hour or after poking a potato with a fork, the fork goes in and comes out easily.
4. While potatoes are baking, do all the squeezing, chopping, seeding, grating, slicing. And put everything into a large mixing bowl.
5. After potatoes are done, cut each in half and scoop out all the flesh and put into a mixing bowl. In the potato shell, leave about an 1/8 of an inch of flesh, next to the skin, to keep the shell supportive.
6. After filling each empty potato shell with the stuffing, add 1 red onion ring on top of the stuffing and return the stuffed potatoes to the oven. Oven should be set at 375 degrees. Bake for another 20 minutes.
7. Remove potatoes, place on a serving platter (use an oven mitt, if they're too hot to handle) and garnish with the chopped scallions.