August 14, 2017Target Healthy Eating
Ingredients For Two
Martini shaker, strainer, jigger, towel to catch liquid, while shaking
2.5 teaspoons strawberry puree in bottom of each glass (before pouring)
Vodka, 2 jiggers vodka, plus a splash, into shaker
Strawberry liqueur, 3 jiggers, plus a splash, into shaker
Sparkling rose wine, 6 jiggers, plus a splash, into shaker
Container with ice cubes, drain just before adding to shaker
2 Martini picks
Garnish: 1/2 lime, 6 raspberries
1. Put the martini glasses in the fridge for 30 minutes of more.
2. Bring all of your ingredients to the same place
3. In a food processor, puree a few fresh strawberries so that you have 1.5 teaspoons of puree for each martini glass.
4. With a small spoon add the puree to the bottom of each glass, before you pour anything.
5. Put three raspberries on each martini pick, then add a pick to each glass.
6. Slice the lime; cut the slice in half, put each half on the edge of glass
7. Measure the vodka, strawberry liqueur and rose wine, and add to the martini shaker.
8. Last, before shaking, add ice cubes bringing the mixture up to the top.
9. Close the shaker tightly, cover shaker with a towel, and shake as vigorously as you can.
10. Pour contents of shaker into glasses. Not necessary to fill up to the very top, since there will be enough in the shaker for round two.
11. Make a toast and enjoy!
We have been enjoying the Mostly Mozart Festival at Lincoln Center this summer. We recently heard award winning pianist from Iceland, Vikingur Olafsson play Beethoven's Pathetique, and violinist Thomas Zehetmair in Beethoven's violin concerto, both brought the house down! No one could stop clapping and cheering! The audience went wild! ©Joyce Hays, Target Health Inc.
From Our Table to Yours