1/2 pound tilapia fillets, don't worry if it goes over 1/2 pound
10 green seedless grapes cut in half, set aside
10 red seedless grapes, cut in half, set aside
3 anchovy fillets, mashed with 3 cloves garlic
12 more fresh garlic cloves, sliced
1 cup fresh Italian-leaf parsley, chopped
1 cup fresh dill, chopped
1/4 cup Sambuca liqueur
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 heaping Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
2 large shallots, chopped
2 scallions, chopped (save some green for garnish)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 and 1/2 or 2 pounds baby spinach. Save one uncooked leaf for each person to be served.
Mix together 1/4 cup sharp cheddar (grated by hand) and ? cup feta cheese, grated by hand, then set aside
To Cook the Tilapia
1. Cut each fillet in half, lengthwise
2. Dip each fish fillet (both sides), first in: 1 egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon almond or coconut milk.
3. Then cover both sides of the fish with the following mixture: 1/2 cup Panko mixed with 1/2 cup parmesan & 1 heaping Tablespoon cricket flour
4. Cook in skillet with 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, no more than 1 minute on each side.
5. Put fish on paper toweling and set aside.
Directions for Spinach Sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Oil a baking dish that can go from oven to table.
Do all your chopping, grating, slicing, mashing, zesting, etc. before anything else.
6. Even with baby spinach, you've got to do a lot of rinsing. So, rinse the baby spinach two times and let drain, two times. Paper towel dry before cooking. For all other spinach, rinse three times, draining each time as well.
7. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and saut? onions, garlic, mashed anchovy/garlic, scallions, shallots in oil, until onions and garlic become golden.
8. Reduce heat to medium and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, dill and all seasoning and spices; add the toasted sesame seeds.
9. Now, add the spinach, cooking until wilted over medium to low heat. Then add the sambuca and stir in well. Make sure the sauce is nicely heated.
10. Add all the red and green grapes and stir in for 30 seconds.
11. Finally, distribute the crumbled or grated feta & cheddar, over the spinach mixture
12. Add the tilapia over the cheese in one layer and bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Bring to table, serve and enjoy!
To serve: On each plate, place 1 or 2 (depending on their size) raw spinach leaves. Onto the spinach leaves put one serving of the fish & spinach sauce. For garnish, add some chopped scallion and 1 red grape half and 1 green grape half.
Another way to serve, without using the oven: Keep the spinach sauce separate from the skillet cooked fish and add both cheeses to the skillet combining well, into the sauce. Put the raw spinach on each plate. On each leaf place 1 tilapia fillet. Spoon the spinach sauce over each fillet and then add the scallion/grape garnish.
Best Choices to Substitute for Tilapia in the Recipe