December 3, 2018Target Healthy Eating
2 Cooked leftover turkey breasts or chicken breast, cut into bite-size cubes
Ground 4 fresh Garlic clove using a mortar & pestle
1 teaspoon curry powder
Pinch black pepper
Pinch chili flakes
2 scallions, chopped up to half the white part
2 Fuji apples sliced very thin, then cut in half, (leave red skin on)
1 endive, leaves separated, cut lengthwise
1 cup Red seedless grapes cut in half
1 cup green seedless grapes, cut in half
1.5 cups chopped (candied) walnuts
2 cups Blue cheese dressing (see below)
1. Do all your cutting, chopping, slicing
2. Get out the salad serving bowl you plan to use and put the bite-size leftover turkey into the bowl and add the garlic, spices and seasoning. Mix these ingredients so they're well combined.
3. Add the scallions, endive pieces and the fruit and toss lightly.
4. Add half of the candied or glazed walnuts. If you can't find these particular nuts, substitute candied or glazed pecan, or cashews. Toss lightly simple to distribute the nuts.
5. Make the blue cheese dressing.
6. Just before you plan to serve the salad, pour the dressing over it and toss lightly until the dressing covers everything.
7. Finally, sprinkle the remaining candied walnuts over the top of the salad.
8. Enjoy with your favorite chilled white wine, warm French bread and unsalted Irish (or French) butter.
Blue Cheese Dressing
Combine all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well.
1/4 cup Kraft mayonnaise
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup blue cheese
1 teaspoon ground curry
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch chili flakes
4 garlic cloves, ground in mortar & pestle
We saw the B'way play, American Son; an extremely relevant story with a punch in the gut ending.
From Our Table to Yours
Have a Great Week Everyone!